Monday, January 20, 2003

Werner. She’s driving me crazy, Brigitte.
Brigitte. Who’s driving you crazy?
Werner. Odilia.
Brigitte. Odilia? What did she do to you?
Werner. Okay, so we meet occasionally.
Brigitte. Right?
Werner. So, when she leaves, I hear Astrud Gilberto singing.
Brigitte. The Girl From Ipanema?
Werner. Yes.
Brigitte. What’s wrong with that? That would be cool if a guy heard that song if I left them.
Werner. Why her, though?
Brigitte. Why not her?
Werner. We’re just friends. I’d think if I heard a song from anyone when they left, the person would have a closer relationship than I have with Odilia.
Brigitte. Maybe somewhere in your subconscious, you want to like her more than a friend.
Werner. Maybe somewhere in my principal conscious, we’re just friends. What’s the point of a subconscious when my principal one rules? Really, my subconscious is overrated.
Brigitte. But, the song. You can’t deny the song.
Werner. My principal conscious needs to teach my subconscious a hard lesson in life.
Brigitte. Here comes Odilia now.
Werner. Oh.
Odilia. Hey, guys.
Werner. Oh, hey Odilia.
Brigitte. Hey, Odilia.
Odilia. What are you up to?
Brigitte. We’re talking about the subconscious.
Odilia. Oh really? Oh actually, I have to go now, I’m kind of late. I’ll see you guys later. Bye, Werner. Bye, Brigitte.
Werner. Dark and tan, and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking ...
Brigitte. ... and when she passes, it’s when she passes goes, ah ...
End. Ipanema Subconscious