Friday, January 24, 2003

One.
Attila. Leyla?
Leyla. Yes?
Attila. I lost you. Where are you?
Leyla. We’re in Chinatown, on Race, going east towards ninth.
Attila. Chinatown? What’s she doing in Chinatown?
Leyla. I don’t know. How did you lose us?
Attila. Oh, I stopped to get a pretzel.
Leyla. You and your pretzels.
Attila. Has she gone into any stores?
Leyla. Not really. She seems to know people here though.
Attila. Why?
Leyla. People just come up to her and greet her. Hold on, now she’s turned south on ninth, which doesn’t make any sense.
Attila. Why is that?
Leyla. Because she came from Market East Station. She’s going in circles.
Attila. She has to know that she’s being followed.
Leyla. I’m pretty sure she hasn’t seen me.
Attila. Those people greeting her. They’re telling her where you are.
Leyla. You’re right. I have to stop.
Attila. No, wait. We have to figure out why she’s there. What’s around Chinatown?
Leyla. I don’t know. Reading Terminal, the Convention Center, Greyhound.
Attila. Greyhound? It’s a little past 7:00. She’s going there. Find out what buses are leaving within the next two hours.
Leyla. Okay, I’ll call you back.

Two.
Leyla. Attila?
Attila. What do you have?
Leyla. Pick me up. We’re going to Harrisburg.
End. Attila Throws His Pretzel Away