Thursday, January 02, 2003

Keller. You have to try these apples.
Burma. Why?
Keller. Just try it. It’s a great day for apples.
Burma. It looks rotten. That’s disgusting.
Keller. These are like the best apples I’ve ever had.
Burma. What is wrong with you?
Keller. I want everyone in this world to try these apples. You. Yes, little boy. Come here. I have apples for you. No, don’t run away. You need to be strong and healthy. I want to share these apples with you. No, don’t go. Why did he go, Burma?
Burma. Are you drunk?
Keller. I’ve never felt better in my life. Why are you looking at me like that? Is it because I wanted to share the apples with the boy? I want to share them with you too, Burma. Don’t be jealous. Here, have an apple.
Burma. What’s with you? What’s in these apples? *sniff sniff*
Keller. Attention. Attention, everybody who I’m seeing right now at this instant. These apples. These wonderful apples are the greatest apples in the world, and each and every one of you is more beautiful than the next.
Burma. These apples are alcoholic. Where did you get these?
Keller. By the apple tree over there. I’m organic nature person. I take what the tree gives me. Thank you, Mr. Apple Tree. I will get you water as soon as I can afford it.
Burma. These apples are so old, they’ve fermented. How many apples did you have?
Keller. I had an apple for every year I was born.
Burma. How old are you?
Keller. I am seventy-three years old.
End. Sharing Apples With Everyone