Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Greta. Do you know what your problem is?
Tommaso. What is my problem?
Greta. You can only have me all to yourself. You cannot share me.
Tommaso. No, I guess I can’t.
Greta. I don’t think you’ve ever met any of my friends.
Tommaso. Do you think I should?
Greta. It would be normal, wouldn’t it?
Tommaso. But is there something wrong with our friendship?
Greta. I think so. I’m isolated from everyone when I’m with you. It’s just us Tommaso, then everyone else.
Tommaso. You’re the only one I can trust.
Greta. It doesn’t make sense. I can’t be the only one. Think about it. How can I be the only one you trust? Was it by chance that out of all the people you could have met that I would be the one person you can trust?
Tommaso. What do you mean?
Greta. I can’t be the only one. There has to be other people you can trust. I can’t believe that I’m the only one.
Tommaso. There might be others that I can trust, but I only need one person I can trust, and you’re the one.
Greta. I wish I wasn’t, Tommaso.
Tommaso. What do you mean?
Greta. I’m leading two different lives. One with you, and one with the rest of the world. I don’t think I can do this anymore. I’m exhausted, Tommaso.
Tommaso. What are you going to do?
Greta. I don’t know. I don’t know. I’m just telling you how I feel.
Tommaso. What will make you happy?
Greta. I don’t know anymore.
End. Greta Greta