Friday, January 17, 2003

Renato. I have to question companies that actually hire me.
Anka. What do you mean?
Renato. I mean. They must know that I’m under qualified for the position. Why do they keep hiring me?
Anka. You probably do a good job.
Renato. I don’t really. If I do anything, I make things more difficult for the company.
Anka. So, what are you going to do?
Renato. What do you mean?
Anka. Well, if you question the company that hires you, then who can you work for?
Renato. I’ve decided that I will have to lie about my qualifications so when they do hire me, it’ll be under false pretenses.
Anka. This will make you feel better?
Renato. Sure. I know companies should not hire me, but they still do. So, under false pretenses can they only hire me.
Anka. So, you kind of feel guilty for being hired. You feel like you don’t deserve be hired by a company.
Renato. I guess so. I think I won’t feel as bad, if I lie about my qualifications.
Anka. But they’re hiring you now because of your qualifications.
Renato. But my qualifications should not allow me to be hired.
Anka. Oh. Then why don’t you try to be qualified, so that when you are hired, the company is making a right decision?
Renato. Come on.
Anka. What?
Renato. This is me you’re talking about.
Anka. That’s true. Hahahahaha.
Renato. Hahahahaha.
End. Slipping In