Thursday, January 23, 2003

Attila. Hey.
Leyla. Hey.
Attila. Where are you?
Leyla. I’m on Locust past 15th walking towards Rittenhouse Square.
Attila. Do you see her?
Leyla. She’s a couple meters ahead of me.
Attila. Did she see you?
Leyla. I don’t think so. Who normally thinks their being followed?
Attila. Well, good. Anything interesting happen so far?
Leyla. Not really. She bought a pretzel on the street. Hey, Attila?
Attila. Yes?
Leyla. Why am I following her? I mean, why don’t you do it?
Attila. Because if she sees me, she’ll know that I’m following her. If she sees you, then it’s just mere coincidence.
Leyla. Did you already go to get the toaster for me?
Attila. Yes, I did. $100. Who buys a $100 toaster?
Leyla. It’s nice isn’t it? I’ll make you some toast when this is all done. Wait a minute.
Attila. What is it?
Leyla. I think there’s someone else following Iroda.
Attila. What? Who is it?
Leyla. I don’t know him. I noticed him when we got off the Walnut-Locust Station. I’m pretty sure he’s following her.
Attila. Where is he?
Leyla. He’s across the street and ahead of me.
Attila. I wonder if anyone else is following her.
Leyla. I don’t know. I wasn’t really paying attention. Attila, he’s crossing the street.
Attila. Where’s Iroda?
Leyla. She’s turning into a street. The guy’s approaching her.
Attila. Which street?
Leyla. Mozart Place.
Attila. Mozart Place? That’s a tiny alley street. Why is she going there?
Leyla. Attila, the guy has a knife. I have to go.
Attila. Wait wait, Leyla? Hello?
End. Never Reaching Rittenhouse Square