Saturday, January 04, 2003

Verena. Hey, Manu. Did you wait long?
Manu. No, not really. I mean, I did have to wait, but it was fun watching other people eat and drink.
Verena. What is this?
Manu. That’s a bowl of green pea soup.
Verena. Is, is this for me?
Manu. Oh, did you want it?
Verena. You didn’t buy it?
Manu. No, I did.
Verena. So then, is it yours?
Manu. No.
Verena. I’m a little confused, Manu. Who is it for?
Manu. Nobody really. It’s to create an illusion.
Verena. An illusion of what?
Manu. By placing the bowl of soup opposite where I am, it looks as if I am with someone, but the someone left the table only to return soon.
Verena. But that would be me, right?
Manu. No, not really. The green pea soup doesn’t belong to you.
Verena. It belongs to someone who does not exist?
Manu. But since the bowl of soup is there, it gives an illusion that I am not alone.
Verena. Do you want to be left alone with your illusionary date? I feel like I’m barging in.
Manu. No, I don’t think she coming back.
Verena. I don’t blame her.
End. For Someone Not There