Sunday, January 19, 2003

Radek. What happened to you?
Maqui. What do you mean?
Radek. Your knuckles. They have two pen marks on them.
Maqui. Oh, right. I was writing my number for a person I just met, and when I went to cap my pen, I missed and marked my knuckles instead.
Radek. Was it because you were nervous?
Maqui. Actually, he was the one who was nervous. He couldn’t think of the word, “phone number” when he asked me for it. He was like, “Do you think I could have your ... your ... that thing, to contact you?”
Radek. Sounds like a real confident guy.
Maqui. Yeah, there was something interesting about his character though. I’m curious enough to meet him again. I wonder what he’ll be like if he calls me.
Radek. He’ll probably read from a card of what he’ll say to you.
Maqui. Haha, yeah. I used to do that when ordering pizza. I was so hard on myself when I was younger. I wanted to order pizza perfectly, without hesitation. I wrote out the greeting, my phone number, the address, explaining that I have a coupon, the order itself, and then ask how much it would be.
Radek. I’ve heard you order pizza. You’re very good.
Maqui. Thank you. I’ve practiced a lot.
End. Ordering Pizza Perfectly