Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Antonella. Where were you?
Renate. Yesterday?
Antonella. Yeah.
Renate. I snuck into the building.
Antonella. You did? How?
Renate. I picked the lock.
Antonella. What about the alarm?
Renate. I waited for security to arrive, but they could not find me.
Antonella. Where did you hide?
Renate. In my locker. I left it unlocked before I left work.
Antonella. They didn’t find you?
Renate. No. They almost did though.
Antonella. What about the cameras?
Renate. I wore a mask wore a shirt that said, “Bob.”
Antonella. You’re so weird.
Renate. It took me months to pick that type of lock quickly.
Antonella. So what did you do in there?
Renate. It’s different when no one is in the building.
Antonella. Did you steal anything?
Renate. No.
Antonella. So you just broke into the building for no reason?
Renate. It was an extreme lonely quiet. All the computers were off. You could only hear the vending machine humming, which made everything else more quiet. What?
Antonella. You’re going back again, aren’t you?
Renate. I’ve got to go again before they get dogs.
End. Extreme Lonely Quiet