Friday, January 10, 2003

Federic Mason. Good morning, Ms. Cappell. How are you this morning?
Lise Cappell. Good morning, Mr. Mason. It’s quiet so far. Aren’t you here earlier than normal?
Federic Mason. I witnessed a near accident today.
Lise Cappell. Coming to work?
Federic Mason. I was crossing the street to get to the office when this black minivan broke hard and slid a good thirty yards past behind me.
Lise Cappell. It’s slick out today with the morning mist, but there was no accident?
Federic Mason. I think the van was trying to avoid a taxi merging into the lane. Normally, cars that get into near accidents sound their horn or just drive off, but this minivan didn’t move.
Lise Cappell. That’s strange. There wasn’t any traffic?
Federic Mason. It was coming from the light down the block. I wanted to see who the driver was, but all the windows were tinted.
Lise Cappell. The driver’s heart must have been pounding in his chest.
Federic Mason. What a way to start the day.
Lise Cappell. It’s a little exciting.
Federic Mason. Yeah, everyone should start their day with near accidents.
Lise Cappell. I wonder if it’s going to be slick tomorrow.
End. Slick Morning Mist