Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Florella. Octavian.
Octavian. Hi, Florella.
Florella. I heard that you’re going to start your revolution against the mayor.
Octavian. It’s true.
Florella. Are you going to cut down your bamboo?
Octavian. Do you remember when we talked about my decision to cut down the bamboo?
Florella. You said that you would cut down your bamboo when you hated the mayor more than you love your bamboo. Is that how you feel?
Octavian. I still love my bamboo. They’re like my children, but the mayor cannot imprison the town anymore.
Florella. Then why do you have to cut your bamboo down?
Octavian. So I can make spears and tools for the revolution.
Florella. You’re definitely going to do it? You’re going to cut down the bamboo?
Octavian. I’m afraid so. Florella. What’s that?
Florella. It’s my father’s sword.
Octavian. Why have you brandished it?
End. To Stop Octavian