Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Willem. Hey look at that.
Carice. What is it?
Willem. Over there by the corner. The car.
Carice. That car must be from the fifties.
Willem. They don’t make cars like that anymore.
Carice. It’s not moving anywhere. You can only see one headlight and part of the grille from here.
Willem. Yeah, I kind of want to see the rest of the car.
Carice. It’s kind of funny, but the car looks like it’s hiding from us, taking a peek from the corner.
Willem. That man. Look, he must have come out of the car.
Carice. I would say so. Look how he’s dressed, and a cane no less. You, think there’s a knife in that cane?
Willem. Should I try to mug him to find out?
Carice. Why don’t you just ask him?
Willem. How easy would that be?
Carice. Hey, I didn’t know anyone lived in that building.
Willem. I didn’t think so either. What’s he doing? Is he going to go in?
Carice. I don’t know. I think he wants to go in.
Willem. Why doesn’t he? He’s just standing there.
Carice. I wonder what’s in that building.
Willem. Want to follow him if he goes in?
Carice. I don’t know. If we do I think we should bring something to defend ourselves just in case.
Willem. Like a weapon?
Carice. Yeah. Do you have anything?
Willem. I have a compound bow.
Carice. What? Like a bow and arrow?
Willem. Yeah. It was a random gift from the guys at work.
Carice. Isn’t it kind of big?
Willem. Yes, but that’s all I have that might be intimidating.
Carice. I think it’s more confusing than intimidating.
Willem. It’s better than being amusing.
Carice. Look, there he goes. Hurry, get your bow.
Willem. Really?
Carice. Hurry.
Willem. Okay.
End. Potential Confusing Intimidation