Sunday, October 27, 2002

Themus. What is this? An airline ticket? Where are you going?
Marga. Kolonihavnen.
Themus. Where is that?
Marga. Greenland.
Themus. I’m a little confused. Why are you going to Greenland?
Marga. I’m going to go to a place where my sleeping patterns match a normal way of life.
Themus. What are you talking about?
Marga. Do you know when the last time I actually got up to eat breakfast when it’s supposed to be breakfast? I can’t remember. I love breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, omelets, Belgium waffles, orange juice, toast, bacon.
Themus. So that’s all you want to do? Eat breakfast?
Marga. I just want to have a normal sleep schedule. Wake up at six in the morning, go to sleep at eleven. I’m like jet lagged right now.
Themus. But you haven’t gone anywhere.
Marga. But it’s as if I flew from Greenland to here. Greenland is my biological clock home.
Themus. When are you leaving?
Marga. Next week.
Themus. For how long?
Marga. I don’t know yet. I can stay there for ninety day without a visa.
Themus. You’re going to stay there for three months?
Marga. I don’t know. We’ll see. I’ll see if I can find some work there.
Themus. You’re out of you mind.
Marga. I’ll be sure to see the Aurora Borealis and Fata Morgana.
Themus. What’s Fata Morgana?
Marga. They’re illusions caused by the reflections off of snow, ice, combined with the cold. In the distance, you’ll be able to see things like cities and boats in the middle of nowhere. I can’t wait to go, Themus. I’m finally going to live a good and normal life.
Themus. In Greenland.
End. Fata Morgana
geneighttwelve