Monday, October 28, 2002

One.
Pater. Have you been having vivid dreams lately?
Natassa. Yeah, why? Have you?
Pater. I think it’s because of the change in weather.
Natassa. Maybe.
Pater. My dreams are really vivid. I feel like I’m really close to controlling them.
Natassa. What do you mean?
Pater. I mean, these are dreams right? So I want to be able to realize that I’m in a dream and go crazy.
Natassa. What would you do?
Pater. I don’t know. I guess it depends on the dream.
Natassa. Give me an example.
Pater. Okay, last night I dreamt that a pack of wolves were chasing me in this castle. All I did was run away and hide in cabinets. I finally got outside, but a wolf caught up to me and started to bite off my fingers. I hated it. If I knew it was a dream, then I think would have had a better time of it.
Natassa. Wouldn’t you still be running away?
Pater. I don’t know. I kind of wonder how much control I could have over my dreams. If I could make a bow and arrow appear then I could defend myself.
Natassa. Why a bow and arrow?
Pater. I don’t know. There’s something cool about setting up an arrow on the string of a bow, pulling back, and letting it go.
Natassa. Last night I dreamed that I met a guy. We were having a really good time together, but when we left each other, we forgot to exchange numbers. I woke up feeling like I missed an opportunity.
Pater. I wonder if I could have the wolves hunt him down.
End. Wolf Prime Minister

Two.
Bronnen. Hey, what’s wrong?
Tania. I had a dream last night that really affected me.
Bronnen. Really?
Tania. It was horrible. There were these two men who had come to take this little boy away from me. The boy ran to me clinging onto me and crying. I could feel the warmth from his tears when I put my cheeks to his eyes. I held him close, then kissed his wet eyes. The two men came up to me and tore him away from me. That was when I woke up.
Bronnen. Are you going to be okay?
Tania. Who were those men? What did this boy do? I don’t understand why they had to take him away. He was only a boy, Bronnen.
Bronnen. I don’t know.
Tania. I was so confused. I didn’t know what to do when they took him away. He was reaching out to me when they took him away. I should have done something. He was only a boy. I don’t understand.
End. Said Eyes Unfocused
genfiftenntwelve