Thursday, October 24, 2002

Mariola. So where do you want to eat?
Alvaro. Do you want to go to Berlanga’s?
Mariola. No.
Alvaro. Are you still afraid to go there?
Mariola. Yes. I’m telling you. When we left, I turned back to see our waiter talking to another waiter and pointing at us.
Alvaro. It was your idea to leave Pesos to cover the rest of the bill and tip.
Mariola. We had nothing else. I cannot believe you didn’t bring a credit card.
Alvaro. I keep my cash and cards separate. I just forgot my cards that day.
Mariola. Anyways, I’m not going back there. It’s too soon.
Alvaro. Are you suggesting we lie low until the heat blows over?
Mariola. Or until those two waiters don’t work there anymore.
Alvaro. How do you know they’ll remember us?
Mariola. Pesos, Alvaro. That’s probably the only time they received pesos as partial payment for the bill and tip.
Alvaro. Maybe we should have told them we couldn’t cover the bill. We could have done the dishes or something.
Mariola. I don’t know. I don’t know. It was just so awkward. I couldn’t think straight. I don’t want to think about it anymore.
Alvaro. Okay. How about we just rent a movie and order out?
Mariola. Do you have enough cash at home?
Alvaro. Do you still carry Pesos in your purse?
Mariola. That’s not funny.
End. Pesos que caen
genthreetwentyfour