Thursday, October 17, 2002

Mari. That’s a lot of police cars.
Kees. Yeah. It is.
Mari. What’s going on here? Are they all for you?
Kees. Me? Come on. No.
Mari. Oh, look over there. They all look pretty shocked, don’t they? I wonder what they did.
Kees. Bunch of drug dealers. You can smell it on them.
Mari. Is that what that is? Kees?
Kees. Yeah?
Mari. Is that guy staring at you?
Kees. Which one?
Mari. One of the dealers against the wall. The one in the white shirt.
Kees. Yeah, he is.
Mari. Do you know him?
Kees. Yeah, I do. I set him up.
Mari. You what?
Kees. I told him about this place. Told him where he could get stuff cheap so he could deal it out. Then I call the cops and tell them about the place.
Mari. How do you know this guy?
Kees. A friend knows him. He bumped into us when we were having lunch, asking us to hook him up.
Mari. So you told him about this place?
Kees. He’s a dealer and a cheat. He’s a bridge from the underworld to this world. I’m just burning him so no one can use him anymore.
Mari. How did you know about this place?
Kees. I knew another bridge who I thought was a friend, but all he wanted from me was to be a subscriber. See the guy with the aloha shirt on?
Mari. Is that the other bridge?
Kees. Yeah.
Mari. Looks like you burned down four today.
Kees. Heh, let’s go.
End. Burning Bridges