Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Florella. How long have you had this for?
Octavian. About five years now.
Florella. Has it been that long since I’ve seen you last?
Octavian. I guess it has.
Florella. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bamboo forest in someone’s backyard before.
Octavian. Yeah. This is what happens when you have a lot of time on your hands.
Florella. Are you really planning to cut them down and make bamboo spears out of them?
Octavian. For my army to take over the town? Not yet. A couple of more years, and they’ll be ready.
Florella. What do you have against the mayor anyway?
Octavian. She’s a tyrant. Someone has to stop her.
Florella. Don’t you think that having a forest of bamboo will stir suspicion?
Octavian. Maybe, but they can’t prove anything. I just have a forest of bamboo. It’s not like I have laboratory of explosives in my basement.
Florella. Well, it’s nice though. It’ll be a shame to cut the trees down.
Octavian. I’m actually having second thoughts.
Florella. Really?
Octavian. I find myself drawn to these trees.
Florella. That would make sense. You’ve taken care of them all this time.
Octavian. They’re like my children. I think it’ll be hard to cut my children down.
Florella. I guess it comes down to whether you hate the mayor more than you love your bamboo.
Octavian. Right now, I love my bamboo more, but that might change in a couple of years.
Florella. At least I got to see them. I might have to stop you if you try to cut them down.
Octavian. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that. Here, knock on the trunk.
Florella. Lovely.
End. Grow Bamboo Grow
gentwonine