Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Jiji Cat. Can I have a drink of water?
Noriko. I just poured you a fresh bowl. And it’s even filtered water.
Jiji Cat. I don’t know. It’s really difficult to drink from that bowl. It must be a bowl for dogs.
Noriko. No, it’s the same type bowl that you eat your food out of.
Jiji Cat. Really? That can’t be. It’s really difficult to drink from this bowl. I’m pretty sure it’s a dog bowl if not then it’s a bowl only for eating from, so I can’t drink from it.
Noriko. I have another bowl for you to drink out of.
Jiji Cat. I don’t know. It’s probably another dog bowl.
Noriko. It’s one of my own bowls. It’s a human bowl. Don’t you want to be like a human and drink out of my bowl?
Jiji Cat. Humans don’t drink out of bowls.
Noriko. That is true. Well at least not normally.
Jiji Cat. Why can’t I just drink out of the bathtub faucet?
Noriko. It’s just seems like a waste of water to me. What happens when I go out and you’re thirsty? Do you expect me to leave it on all day?
Jiji Cat. Why not? You don’t pay for water. I overheard the landlord. Water and heat are included in rent.
Noriko. It’s still a waste of water. Gallons of water go to waste so that you drink a quarter of a cup a day. That’s not right.
Jiji Cat. Well, I’m not drinking from a dog bowl. What are you going to do? Let me dehydrate?
Noriko. You can easily hydrate yourself by drinking the filtered water I put out for you. It’s cold and clean. It’s much better than the water from the faucet.
Jiji Cat. But the water doesn’t flow. I need to drink from flowing water. Your neighbors will find out that you’re abusing me.
Noriko. I’m not abusing you. You’re abusing yourself.
Jiji Cat. I want you to turn on the bathtub faucet.
Noriko. You have to learn that your have to drink from your bowl.
Jiji Cat. Are you going to turn on the faucet?
Noriko. No.
Jiji Cat. Turn on the faucet.
Noriko. There is water for you now. Look, I’ll even change the water again. Here.
Jiji Cat. I’m going to the faucet. You better follow me and open that faucet. And don’t open it all the way. It needs to be a trickle so I can lap from it.
Noriko. I have to go now. There’s water in the bowl. Please drink from it.
Jiji Cat. I’ll let you pet me.
Noriko. Sorry. I’ll leave the light on. I’ll see you later tonight.
Jiji Cat. Meow?
End. Animal Wrong
genonetwentysix