Saturday, October 05, 2002

Calder. I’ve decided that I will no longer say, “cool” anymore.
Kenza. Why is that?
Calder. It’s a mindless response to anything you say. You say, “I oiled my car today,” and I would respond, “that’s cool.” I’m sick of it.
Kenza. What are you going to say instead?
Calder. Well, it depends on what you say.
Kenza. Like what?
Calder. I don’t know. Say something.
Kenza. Um, the time is eight minutes after twelve.
Calder. Do you have anything to do?
Kenza. Why?
Calder. Because you’re concerned with the time. Maybe you have something to do.
Kenza. No, I don’t. Do you have something to do?
Calder. Well, no. I thought we were going to watch the matinee.
Kenza. I thought so too.
Calder. Okay, what just happened?
Kenza. I don’t know. Are we going to watch a movie?
Calder. Yes.
Kenza. What do you want to watch?
Calder. Not the one with Harrison Ford.
Kenza. Why not?
Calder. I really don’t like him. He one of the most overrated actors out there.
Kenza. I think Dustin Hoffman’s overrated.
Calder. Oh, but I love the Graduate.
Kenza. I never understood why Mrs. Robinson despised Dustin Hoffman so much.
Calder. I think it’s because she hates her life and incorporated Dustin Hoffman’s character with that self hatred. He was a part of her self-destruction. Together they had nothing else, but each other.
Kenza. So she could not allow his opportunity to be happy with her daughter?
Calder. I think so.
Kenza. That’s sad. Poor Mrs. Robinson. Is it possible for her to be happy?
Calder. I don’t know.
Kenza. Is there a Dustin Hoffman movie out now? I kind of feel like watching him.
Calder. We could rent The Graduate.
Kenza. How about Kramer Vs. Kramer?
Calder. Deal.
End. Dustin is Cool