Friday, October 04, 2002

Tuula. Excuse me?
Kenneth. Yes?
Tuula. I don’t know who you are. Why are you following me?
Kenneth. I’m sorry?
Tuula. Will you please stop following me?
Kenneth. Uh, well ... I’m sorry if you think that, but I’m not following you. At least I don’t think I am. Maybe I’m doing it subconsciously. You know, subconsciously I want to follow you, but I’ve convinced myself that I’m walking back home with a bag of groceries.
Tuula. Can you at least wait here for a couple of minutes so I can make some space in between us?
Kenneth. Do you have a piece of chalk? I can play tic tac toe with the next woman who comes by.
Tuula. Please, just wait here for like five minutes.
Kenneth. I feel like I’m giving you a head start.
Tuula. Oh my gosh, will you please leave me alone?
Kenneth. Okay, okay, I’m sorry, go. Get away from me. Go, be free.
Tuula. You’re one sick guy, you know that? You need help. Help! Someone help me!
Kenneth. Why, please did I buy butter?
Tuula. Someone one help me!
Kenneth. Okay, it was nice to meet you. Good luck, I hope you get that job.
Clint. What’s wrong, maam?
Tuula. That man, he’s following me.
Clint. Which one?
Tuula. That one.
Clint. Hey, bud.
Kenneth. Oh, um yes?
Clint. Kenneth? Hey hey, Kenneth. I didn’t recognize you.
Kenneth. Yeah, hey Clint.
Clint. So, why are you following this lady?
Kenneth. I’m not really sure. Have you seen her shoes?
Clint. Heh, they’re pretty nice.
Tuula. Stop looking at my feet!
End. Melting Butter