Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Raimo. I met one of my neighbors the other day. She kind of reminded me of you.
Marja. Really? How so?
Raimo. You both have the same nose.
Marja. What’s wrong with my nose?
Raimo. Nothing. You just have the same nose, that’s all.
Marja. So you talked to her because she had the same nose as me?
Raimo. What a pick up line, “Why hello. You have the same nose as a friend of mine, would you like to have dinner with me?”
Marja. Did you want to have dinner with her?
Raimo. If only she had your ears.
Marja. Stop it. So you didn’t ask her out?
Raimo. No, what? Am I supposed to ask out every girl I meet to dinner?
Marja. Sure, why not?
Raimo. I’m no dinner hussy. I’m not about to have dinner with a virtual stranger.
Marja. Then how are you supposed to get to know her?
Raimo. I’m not supposed to. We’re just neighbors.
Marja. That’s kind of sad. How do you know that she isn’t the right one for you?
Raimo. Are you serious? I’ve met her for only twenty minutes.
Marja. What did you talk about?
Raimo. About her nose.
Marja. What? Really?
Raimo. She caught me staring at her nose. I was trying to figure out why her nose was so much like yours.
Marja. So you were like, “Excuse me for staring, but you nose reminds me so much like my friend’s nose?”
Raimo. She thought I was just staring. Well, I had to explain it was just her nose.
Marja. Did she spray you with pepper spray?
Raimo. No, she did not.
Marja. Wait, all you talked about were our noses?
Raimo. That and burning trash.
Marja. You’re such a flirt.
Raimo. You know it.
End. Noses and Burning Trash