Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Karel. What is it?
Ales. I think I left my keys in the flat.
Karel. Are you serious?
Ales. I know I did. They’re on the bed.
Karel. Do you have a spare?
Ales. No.
Karel. What about calling the landlord?
Ales. I’d rather not. This is my fourth time doing this.
Karel. Fourth?
Ales. Yeah. It’s kind of embarrassing. I don’t know what to do.
Karel. Hold on.
Ales. What are you doing? What’s that?
Karel. It’s a lock picking tool.
Ales. What? Why do you have that?
Karel. Call it a hobby.
Ales. You pick locks as a hobby?
Karel. It’s like solving a jigsaw puzzle and it’s practical.
Ales. Are you serious?
Karel. There. I got it.
Ales. I don’t know how to feel about this.
Karel. It’s okay. I use it for good like now.
Ales. I guess so. Can you get into any apartment?
Karel. I don’t know. I’ve never tried. I can get into my apartment, Forsey’s, and now yours.
Ales. Forsey’s? So it was you.
Karel. Yeah.
Ales. Why did you steal his sheets?
Karel. Those were my sheets. I bought them. I wanted them back, but I didn’t want to talk to him anymore.
End. Door Three
gentwentytwoseven