Friday, November 01, 2002

Marden. It is cold.
Enid. Yes it is.
Marden. I cannot feel my face.
Enid. It’s still there.
Marden. You know what would be nice?
Enid. Hot chocolate?
Marden. That or hot apple cider.
Enid. That would be nice, but I don’t think we can get any here.
Marden. Yeah, that’s true. Man, it’s cold. When is this bus going to come?
Enid. I have no idea.
Marden. We should have checked the schedule.
Enid. That would have been smart.
Marden. I think I’d rather have the hot chocolate rather than the apple cider. Something thick would be nice.
Enid. Boiling water would be fine with me.
Marden. Boiling water would be nice, but thick hot chocolate would be perfection.
Enid. I think I would go for the hot apple cider.
Marden. Where is that bus?
Enid. Marden?
Marden. Yeah?
Enid. Do you know that guy waving to us?
Marden. No.
Enid. I wonder what he wants.
Marden. I don’t know.
Ondre. Hi, excuse me.
Enid. Hello.
Ondre. Who wanted the hot chocolate?
Marden. What?
Ondre. Did one of you two want hot chocolate?
Marden. Yeah. I did.
Ondre. Here you go. And you must have wanted the apple cider. Be careful, it’s hot.
Enid. Thank you? I’m sorry, but I’m a little confused.
Marden. So am I.
Ondre. It’s okay. You haven’t tried your drinks.
Marden. This is perfect.
Enid. Yeah, I don’t know what to say.
Ondre. I’m glad. Enjoy the drinks. It’s cold out here isn’t it?
Marden. Yes it is.
End. Not Boiling Water
gentwentyeighttwentytwo