Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Josie Cartin. When are you going to let me go?
Mortimer. As soon as the police are here.
Josie Cartin. Are you going to ask for money?
Mortimer. No.
Josie Cartin. Are you going to ask for anything?
Mortimer. No.
Josie Cartin. So you’re just going to wait till the police get here, then you’ll let me go?
Mortimer. Yes.
Josie Cartin. Why did you kidnap me? I could just leave now. You’re not going to do anything about it?
Mortimer. You’re far from home. Where would you go? It’ll be best if you wait for the police. They’ll be here shortly.
Josie Cartin. Aren’t you afraid to go to jail?
Mortimer. No.
Josie Cartin. Why not?
Mortimer. You’re too young to understand.
Josie Cartin. I don’t think anyone would understand.
Mortimer. Have you thought about ending your life?
Josie Cartin. No.
Mortimer. I think about it all the time. I think about the different things I could do to end my life, but I can’t bring myself to do it.
Josie Cartin. Why would you want to kill yourself?
Mortimer. My life is not worth the effort. I want to disappear, but it’s not that easy.
Josie Cartin. What does kidnapping me have to do with killing yourself?
Mortimer. You don’t have to worry about it.
Josie Cartin. Are you going to kill yourself in jail?
Mortimer. No.
Josie Cartin. Then why did you kidnap me? I wish my mom was here. She could help you.
Mortimer. I know your mother.
Josie Cartin. You do? Do you hate her or something?
Mortimer. No. I am one of her patients.
Josie Cartin. You make no sense, you know that?
Mortimer. I know.
Josie Cartin. The police are here.
Mortimer. Good. It’ll be over soon.
Josie Cartin. Should I come with you?
Mortimer. No.
Josie Cartin. What are you going to do?
Mortimer. Resist.
End. Immaterial End
exoeleventen