Saturday, November 09, 2002

Pinkas. Hey.
Louison. Hey.
Pinkas. Where’re my tickets?
Louison. Where’s my money?
Pinkas. What do you mean? I already gave you the money.
Louison. You did? No you didn’t.
Pinkas. Yes, I did. Remember? I saw you earlier today, I gave you the money, but you said you didn’t have the tickets on you so you said you would give them to me now.
Louison. What?
Pinkas. Don’t you remember?
Louison. I was at the tracks all day. I never saw you.
Pinkas. What do you mean? I gave you the money. I know I did.
Louison. Wasn’t me.
Pinkas. Then who did I give three hundred dollars to?
Louison. I don’t know.
Pinkas. Are you kidding me?
Louison. No.
Pinkas. Stop knocking around. Give me my tickets.
Louison. No.
Pinkas. I paid for them.
Louison. No, you didn’t.
Pinkas. Yes, I did. I gave you the money.
Louison. It must have been someone else. Was that guy wearing the same thing as me now?
Pinkas. No, he was wearing a leather jacket.
Louison. It was someone else.
Pinkas. How do you know that?
Louison. I know. What are you doing giving a stranger money without him giving you tickets?
Pinkas. Hey, we’re friends. I trusted you.
Louison. But that wasn’t me. It was some guy who looked like me.
Pinkas. He looked exactly like you.
Louison. Really?
Pinkas. Yeah.
Louison. Did he come up to you?
Pinkas. No, I went to him.
Louison. Then what happened?
Pinkas. I asked him if he had the tickets, and he said no ... oh man.
Louison. What?
Pinkas. I was nervous giving you the money in public, so I just handed it to you, or that guy. He said that he would get me the tickets later.
Louison. You just gave a stranger three hundred dollars?
Pinkas. He looked exactly like you.
Louison. That’s unsettling.
Pinkas. What is?
Louison. There’s a guy walking around with three hundred dollars who looks like me.
Pinkas. If I see him, I’m going to tackle him. Can I have my tickets now?
Louison. Do you have three hundred dollars?
Pinkas. No. Come on. I’m good for it.
Louison. How do I know you’re really Pinkas?
Pinkas. Are you knocking around with me?
Louison. What am I supposed to do? Give you these tickets for free?
Pinkas. We’re buds, man.
Louison. You know, you’re lucky to have a bud like me.
Pinkas. Why’s that?
Louison. Cause I won five hundred at the tracks. Here’re your tickets, little buddie.
End. The Two Hundred Difference
exothirtytwofour