Saturday, November 16, 2002

One.
Arabella. Did you hear that?
Norber. What?
Arabella. You can hear my parents moving behind the wall. We can’t talk too loud, or they’ll hear us.
Norber. Oh.
Arabella. What were we talking about?
Norber. I don’t know. I’m too racked knowing that your parents are on the other side of the wall. Am I going to get you in trouble?
Arabella. It’ll be okay. Just as long as we’re not loud.
Norber. Okay.
Arabella. Can I ask you a question?
Norber. Sure.
Arabella. Why are you here? I mean in Colorado? Did you come all the way out here to visit me?
Norber. Kind of. I just found myself here, and since you’re here as well, I might as well stop by.
Arabella. So why are you in Colorado?
Norber. I don’t know why exactly. I’m just here.
Arabella. So one day, poof. You’re in Colorado?
Norber. Just about. Granted, it took me a while to get here, but now here I am.
Arabella. What are you going to do here?
Norber. I don’t know. I can’t really do much. I guess I should just keep on going.
Arabella. Aren’t you going to stop?
Norber. I’m not sure. I think I’ll know when to stop though.
Arabella. Oh, did you hear that?
Norber. Is it your parents?
Arabella. I think so. I’m going to go out and check. This may seem strange, but can you hide in the closet for me?
Norber. Um, okay?
Arabella. Here, just stay in here until I get back.

Two.
Muriel. So what did you do in her closet?
Norber. I stood there, trying to hear what was going on outside. I could hear Arabella talk to her parents, telling them goodnight, but I think they got into a discussion.
Muriel. How long were you in there.
Norber. I don’t know. It seemed like a long time though, but I guess time is slower when you’re hiding in a closet.
Muriel. Yeah, I guess so. So did you try any of her dresses while you waited?
Norber. Yeah, I wanted her to catch me hitching up one of her skirts.
Muriel. I knew it.
Norber. Actually, I got tired of standing and sat down in her closet, staring at the light coming through the bottom of the door.
Muriel. That’s no fun.
Norber. But then I was thinking, “what am I doing here?” It was time to go back home.
Muriel. So after a year of wandering, you came back?
Norber. Because I hid from Arabella’s parents in her bedroom closet.
End. Line of Light, Carpet
jostwosix