Thursday, November 07, 2002

Sesanna. What happened to you?
Conrad. I don’t have an umbrella.
Sesanna. It’s raining outside?
Conrad. It’s been raining since yesterday.
Sesanna. Are you serious? Is it still raining?
Conrad. Yes, as you can see the rain on me. You didn’t know it was raining?
Sesanna. No.
Conrad. How long has is been since you left the flat?
Sesanna. Five years? I don’t know.
Conrad. Well, let’s go. Do you have an umbrella?
Sesanna. Yes, but it’s raining. I don’t know. I could make dinner here.
Conrad. No, I think we should go out. Just to say we’ve been outside.
Sesanna. I have canned peaches in the refrigerator.
Conrad. Do you really? You know how much I love canned peaches.
Sesanna. I know you do.
Conrad. How about this? We go out for dinner, then come back here for dessert?
Sesanna. Can we rent a movie?
Conrad. I’ll even watch anything you choose, but I get to criticize the movie while we watch.
Sesanna. Then it has to be something I’ve already seen before.
Conrad. The deal’s off if it’s Legends of the Fall.
Sesanna. Come on. I love that movie. I wish three men fell in love with me like that.
Conrad. Don’t they have movies where three women fall in love with one guy?
Sesanna. If we see one in the store, then well get it.
Conrad. Deal.
End. Nescient Rain
exofouteentwentyeight