Tuesday, November 19, 2002

One.
Gilles. So what choice do I have?
Customer Service Representative Eppler. You can choose green or blue.
Gilles. I’ll take blue.
Customer Service Representative Eppler. I’m sorry, we’re out of blue. Would you like green?
Gilles. So I don’t have a choice in the matter?
Customer Service Representative Eppler. No, I guess not.
Gilles. So why give my the choice of blue?
Customer Service Representative Eppler. Well, if you picked green, then you would be under the impression that you made a choice for yourself, which then in turn gives you satisfaction in your decision.
Gilles. But I picked blue.
Customer Service Representative Eppler. And I’m sorry. We don’t have blue. We do have green.
Gilles. What happens when I don’t like green?
Customer Service Representative Eppler. Well, you still have the choice of not purchasing green, which in turn gives you the impression that you are exercising the right to refuse a purchase.
Gilles. I think I won’t be buying green then.
Customer Service Representative Eppler. Very good choice, sir.

Two.
Karola. What other colors does this come in?
Customer Service Representative Eppler. We also have blue.
Karola. Oh, I’d rather have green. I’ll take this one.
Customer Service Representative Eppler. Very good choice, maam.
End. Green One
jostwentyfourfifteen