Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Ugo. Sometimes I have trouble controlling myself.
Erol. I think we all have that problem.
Ugo. Maybe you’re right, but I want to do something about it.
Erol. What happens when you go out of control?
Ugo. I lose myself. I start thinking of ways to be violent, and push to make it a reality.
Erol. Really? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you violent.
Ugo. I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to get better.
Erol. What do you think you need to do first?
Ugo. I need to know what triggers my violent tendencies.
Erol. What would trigger you?
Ugo. Things that don’t come to my expectations.
Erol. That’s kind of general. When was the last time you were violent?
Ugo. Yesterday. I was trying to sleep, but these kids were throwing a tennis ball against my house. When I came out, I told them to stop, but they said it was a part of their game. I went back into my house to get my tennis racquet. When I came back out, I found them throwing the ball against my house again. I chased one of the kids with the ball and took the ball out of his hands. I told them that this was also a part of the game, and served the ball down the hill.
Erol. Did you hurt the child?
Ugo.
Erol. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean ...
Ugo. I did not hurt the kid, but I made them cry.
Erol. I’m sorry. I’m just trying to help.
Ugo. I don’t hit kids. I’m not like that.
Erol. I know. It’s just that, I mean you wanted to stop being violent, so I thought maybe by accident...
Ugo. Look, if I hit a kid, I would have told you.
Erol. You’re right, I’m sorry. I really am.
Ugo. Do you have some matches?
Erol. No. I didn’t know you smoked.
Ugo. I don’t. I’m going to burn this diner down.
End. Snap