Saturday, September 14, 2002

Pavel. Hey Helene.
Helene. Hey Pavel, what are you doing here?
Pavel. Here, sit down. I’m supposed to meet this girl for lunch.
Helene. Oh really? Who is she?
Pavel. I don’t know. A friend of a friend?
Helene. You don’t know her?
Pavel. Isn’t life exciting?
Helene. I’m kind of surprised. I wouldn’t expect you to go on a blind date.
Pavel. I’m going to enjoy the awkwardness of the conversation.
Helene. You can be funny. I know you can.
Pavel. Gee thanks. So what are you doing here? Are you meeting, how do you say? A man?
Helene. Why yes, I am, but he’s just a friend from work. He had to mail something, so I volunteered to get a seat for us while he mailed his parcels.
Pavel. You know, I love the music they play here.
Helene. But they’re playing basso nova. You can’t play this and have no one dance.
Pavel. I dance silently inside my head, as I should always do for the sake of all.
Helene. I’m going to take you dancing one of these days.
Pavel. Why would you want to subject yourself to such painful embarrassment?
Helene. Hey let’s ditch our dates and go to another place.
Pavel. I’m not going dancing.
Helene. Awww...
Pavel. But let’s go.
End. Dancing Blind