Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Arnaud. Kamel.
Kamel. Yeah?
Arnaud. We’re going to have to stop. I’m cramping up.
Kamel. Okay. *laughs* Hey Arnaud.
Arnaud. Yeah?
Kamel. Are you bored?
Arnaud. *laughs* Not anymore. The first three hours, and we’re screaming at people below, now ... now, I’m ready to gather some leaves and spend the night here. I’m exhausted, Kamel.
Kamel. Yes, I would like to go home too.
Arnaud. I’ve never had to climb inclines on my hands and feet before, Kamel. I’m going out of my mind. I was bouncing off of trees and branches down that last steep decline.
Kamel. I know. Look at the clouds over there.
Arnaud. I can’t believe we’re up this high.
Kamel. That’s how I’m going to kiss my wife when I get back. I’m going to lie her down on the floor and graze her lips like the clouds grazing across the top of the valley.
Arnaud. Okay, I think I’m ready to go again. Do you hear that?
Kamel. It’s water.
Arnaud. If it’s a pool of water, I’m jumping in. I don’t care.
End. Forward From Exhaustion