Sunday, September 22, 2002

Dr. Meera Cartin. Come over here. Are you okay?
Josie Cartin. I’m okay.
Dr. Meera Cartin. He didn’t hurt you, or anything, did he?
Josie Cartin. No, but he threw orange juice against his refrigerator.
Dr. Meera Cartin. Was he throwing it at you?
Josie Cartin. No, just against the refrigerator. I think he was mad that I didn’t trust him.
Dr. Meera Cartin. Why? What did he say to you?
Josie Cartin. I don’t know. I told him that I didn’t want to drink the juice because I thought he poisoned it.
Dr. Meera Cartin. That’s when he threw the juice?
Josie Cartin. Yes. He poured another glass of juice and drank it himself to prove it was not poisoned.
Dr. Meera Cartin. So, he wasn’t trying to poison you?
Josie Cartin. No, I guess not.
Dr. Meera Cartin. It’s okay to cry. It’s all over now.
Josie Cartin. Mom, I’m sorry.
Dr. Meera Cartin. Why are you sorry? There’s nothing to be sorry about.
Josie Cartin. I didn’t think you were going to come.
Dr. Meera Cartin. I’m here, honey. It’s going to be okay.
Josie Cartin. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, Mommy. I didn’t think you were going to come cause I didn’t think you loved me...
Dr. Meera Cartin. Of course I love you...
I thought you hated me, but he told me you were going to, that you were going to come. He was right. I don’t understand why he kidnapped me. Why did he do it? You knew him, didn’t you? He said he was one of your patients.
Dr. Meera Cartin. He was. Life overwhelmed him, and this is how he reacted to it.
Josie Cartin. He was a nice man, Mommy.
Dr. Meera Cartin. I know. No one knows how nice he is.
End. Trust Me