Saturday, September 07, 2002

Ellis. Isn’t that Cyril?
Clarisa. Where?
Ellis. Across the street by the corner.
Clarisa. I can’t see him, there’s too many people.
Ellis. Right there, the one in the suit holding an umbrella.
Clarisa. They’re all holding an umbrella, Ellis.
Ellis. I can’t believe you can’t see him, he’s crossing the street.
Clarisa. Along with a hundred other men.
Ellis. You’re just overwhelmed by all the men in their suits.
Clarisa. Can you blame me? Look at them, one more wonderful than the other. Oh, I like that one.
Ellis. Which one?
Clarisa. The tall one with the unbuttoned single breasted suit, dark hair.
Ellis. The one with the umbrella, right?
Clarisa. What’s with you and umbrellas? But yes, he does have an umbrella, one of those longer ones with a wooden hook handle.
Ellis. That’s Cyril.
Clarisa. No. Really? He looks nice in a suit. What are you doing?
Ellis. I’m calling him on his cell. Let’s see if he wants to eat with us.
Clarisa. Oh, no. He’s probably busy.
Ellis. Hey, Cyril. It’s Ellis. Clarisa and I just saw you cross the street. Feel like eating lunch with us?
Clarisa. What is he saying?
Ellis. Yeah, I know. She really wants to see you up close in your suit.
Clarisa. What are you doing?
Ellis. She’s a bit attracted to you, Cyril. You know what? Why don’t you just the two of you have lunch? I’ve got some errands to do anyway.
Clarisa. Give me that phone ... ! I’m going to kill you ... !
Ellis. Hey hey, you just cut me off.
Clarisa. What do you think you’re doing?
Ellis. You don’t want to have lunch with Cyril?
Clarisa. I do, but I don’t need you to set it up like that.
Ellis. I’m sorry. It just happened, I thought it’d be funny.
Clarisa. I can’t believe you. Give me your phone.
Ellis. Here, who are you calling?
Clarisa. Cyril, I don’t want to have lunch with you, you cheating drug dealer.
Ellis. Tu Chez.
End. Suits and Umbrellas