Friday, September 20, 2002

Rolfe. Wallis? What happened to you?
Wallis. I’ve turned into a girl.
Rolfe. I don’t understand.
Wallis. I don’t either.
Rolfe. Where did you get that dress?
Wallis. I don’t know. I woke up with it on. I can adjust the length of the dress by adjusting the buttons on the side of it. See? I can make it much shorter.
Rolfe. Stop it. Why are you doing that?
Wallis. I don’t know. Because I can? I’m so confused. This isn’t possible.
Rolfe. You should go to the hospital.
Wallis. I know. I should, but I don’t think there’s anything doctors can really do.
Torren. Hey Wallis, why are you wearing a dress?
Wallis. Because I’ve turned into a girl?
Torren. Guh, I’m so sorry.
Wallis. Being a girl is not a bad thing. It’s not an illness. I’m just a girl now.
Torren. But you seem the same.
Wallis. Yeah, I know. I feel the same. I’ve only changed physically.
Arne. What the? Wallis? What happened to you?
Wallis. Stop it. I am not sick!
End. Tolerably Well