Saturday, March 01, 2003

Valkyrie. How long will you be away?
October. A couple of years I would think.
Valkyrie. I’ve been thinking about that.
October. About what?
Valkyrie. How long you’ll be away. We’re going to live separated lives.
October. But I’ll be back.
Valkyrie. It’s going to feel strange when you come back.
October. I would hope you would be happy.
Valkyrie. I would be, but by then, I would have gotten used to you being away.
October. I hate to think that my leaving would affect you to a large degree.
Valkyrie. At first, it would, but you know me. I’ll adjust.
October. I know you will. I will miss you though.
Valkyrie. Of course, I would miss you as well, it’s just I don’t know how I would react when you returned. It would not be the same reaction if you came only a month from now. Years are a long time.
October. I don’t think there’s anything we can do.
Valkyrie. Our friendship’s going to change, isn’t it?
October. I’m afraid so.
End. Years are a Long Time