Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Anja. I’ve been sleeping in my clothes lately.
Gamil. Really? Is it comfortable?
Anja. It’s not as if I mean to. I just want to lie down to take a short nap, but then I wake up at around four in the morning with my clothes on. Then I get my clothes off the side of the bed and go back to sleep. I’ve been doing this for days now.
Gamil. When have you been going to sleep?
Anja. Around eight.
Gamil. Eight? What are you? Seventy-four?
Anja. I’m not even sleeping a deep sleep. I’m always waking up and consider getting up to get my clothes off or at least get up to brush my teeth, but I can’t move. I don’t feel like moving, so I go back to sleep with my clothes on, but sometimes, I’ll take off my socks with my toes.
Gamil. If you want, I can come and take your clothes off for you.
Anja. Um, no.
Gamil. It was worth the try.
End. Wrinkled Articles