Monday, March 10, 2003

Guus. I thought I saw Sabiene the other day.
Bieke. You thought?
Guus. But it wasn’t her. It was as close to being her without being her.
Bieke. Okay?
Guus. Was taking the subway during rush hour, and there’s this girl that gives me the first impression that it could be Sabiene. It might have been her hair in a bun and her ears. So, I’m trying to figure out if she’s Sabiene or not.
Bieke. When was the last time you saw her?
Guus. It’s got to be three years now. We had dinner in Little Italy.
Bieke. But the girl in the subway wasn’t her?
Guus. She was cradling a pack of papers close to her breast. The one sheet I could read was a paper by Ward Ravet on planning or something of that nature.
Bieke. And Sabiene’s an architect.
Guus. Right. I had to check the name again. I thought maybe I misread it and the essay was written by this girl, but no. It was written by Ward Ravet for the University of Pennsylvania.
Bieke. She went to Wesley, didn’t she?
Guus. Yeah.
Bieke. I don’t know, Guus.
Guus. What?
Bieke. I didn’t know you were interested in Sabiene.
Guus. I ... um ... what?
End. Holding After Three Years