Saturday, March 15, 2003

Nuria. Did you ever find your perfect bowl?
Waldemar. I think I did, but I didn’t buy it.
Nuria. What do you mean?
Waldemar. I’m pretty sure it was the perfect bowl, but three girls distracted me, so I wasn’t exactly sure enough to purchase the bowl.
Nuria. Uh huh?
Waldemar. I went into the store, and at the counter were these three girls. They had to be sisters.
Nuria. Let me guess, they were gorgeous, and you felt nervous, so you went right back out of the door.
Waldemar. What happened was when I walked in I saw the girls at the counter; two were sitting down, and the other leaning on the counter; all brushing their teeth. I had to check the time, and it was three in the afternoon. I tried not to think about why they were brushing their teeth because I needed to be in the right mind set when choosing a bowl.
Nuria. Maybe they had a late lunch.
Waldemar. Maybe, but all three of them? It would make sense if maybe one or two of them were brushing their teeth, but all three were, and it wouldn’t make sense if there were other workers who rotated with them to go to lunch.
Nuria. Why not?
Waldemar. One, it was around three in the afternoon. The girls brushing their teeth would be the last ones to go to lunch, and even if there were other workers who left when this group of girls arrived from their theoretical lunch, it would not make sense to hire more than three workers to care for the store.
Nuria. You thought this through while looking for your perfect bowl?
Waldemar. On one of the shelves was what I thought was the perfect bowl. Good weight, even shape, natural lines, but the noise of the brushing got to my head. I could feel hundreds of bristles brushing the inside of my skull. Che-che-che-che. I didn’t feel right about buying the bowl, so I left the store to clear my head.
Nuria. Are you going to go back?
Waldemar. Probably, but not at three o’clock. Thinking about it, it was the perfect bowl after all, but it would have been strange if I went out and came back in again.
Nuria. That would have been strange?
End. Che-che-che-che