Sunday, March 02, 2003

Ayala. I’m thinking of quitting my job.
Maurtis. Right now?
Ayala. Maybe, I’m not sure.
Maurtis. Do you have a reason for quitting?
Ayala. Do you think I’m crazy?
Maurtis. Let me know the reason, and I’ll let you know if you’re crazy.
Ayala. I have this feeling I have to go to Sardinia.
Maurtis. What’s in Sardinia?
Ayala. I have no idea.
Maurtis. So, you’re going to quit and fly to Sardinia?
Ayala. I’m not sure. It’s just a feeling, but I feel like doing it. I’ve already checked prices to fly and stay in Sardinia.
Maurtis. How long would you stay?
Ayala. I don’t know. Until the feeling goes away?
Maurtis. This feeling, is it a good feeling or a bad feeling? I mean, do you want it to go away?
Ayala. Me wanting anything has nothing to do with it. It’s just a feeling inside me pushing me to go to Sardinia.
Maurtis. Sardinia? The island of Sardinia?
Ayala. Yes.
Maurtis. Do you even speak Italian?
Ayala. They don’t speak Italian there. It’s another dialect.
Maurtis. What are you going to do there?
Ayala. I don’t know.
Maurtis. Do you want my advice?
Ayala. Please.
Maurtis. I don’t think you should go until you know something.
Ayala. Like what?
Maurtis. Anything. It sounds like you need a confirmation of sorts. For example, if you meet some random person on the street and you’re having a conversation then you find out that he’s from Sardinia. Then I would say you should go.
Ayala. What is going on with me? I’m going crazy, aren’t I?
Maurtis. You’re not crazy until you go.
Ayala. I almost want to be crazy.
End. Close to Going
onesamthreeseven