Thursday, March 27, 2003

One.
Cordilia. Excuse me, sir?
Alber. Yes?
Cordilia. I gave you a twenty, but you gave me change for a ten.
Alber. You gave me a ten.
Cordilia. No, I gave you a twenty.
Alber. I’m pretty sure you gave me a ten.
Cordilia. All I had were twenties. I gave you a twenty, sir. *Cordilia turns to Gedeon behind her* You saw me give him a twenty, didn’t you?
Gedeon. Yeah, it was a twenty.
Cordilia. I’m not lying to you, sir.
Alber. I can’t believe this. Here. Here’s your change. You gave me a ten, though. I know you did. I don’t make that kind of mistake.
Cordilia. Thank you, sir.

Two.
Cordilia. Hey.
Gedeon. Oh, hi.
Cordilia. Mind if I sit down with you?
Gedeon. I don’t know. Are you going to going to try to pull money from me as well?
Cordilia. Gee, thanks.
Gedeon. Do I get a percentage?
Cordilia. Do you want a percentage?
Gedeon. Yes, I do. How about twenty percent?
Cordilia. I’ll give you these mints.
Gedeon. Deal.
Cordilia. Here you go. Nice doing business.
Gedeon. Would you like a mint?
End. Give and Take