Monday, March 17, 2003

One.
Tadeusz. Excuse me.
Artur. What can I help you with?
Tadeusz. These doughnuts. When do you make these doughnuts?
Artur. I don’t make them. Imre makes them.
Tadeusz. When does Imre make them?
Artur. Oh, I’d say around three.
Tadeusz. In the morning?
Artur. Yup. The dead shift. That when all the pastries come out.
Tadeusz. Well, thanks.

Two.
Tadeusz. Hetty? Hetty?
Hetty. What? What time is it?
Tadeusz. It’s half past two.
Hetty. I don’t believe you’re getting up to get doughnuts now.
Tadeusz. Their going to be fresh out of the oven. They’ll melt in your mouth.
Hetty. I don’t think I’m going to go.
Tadeusz. Are you sure?
Hetty. Yeah, you go ahead. I’ll be here. Sleeping. Oh, Tade?
Tadeusz. Yes?
Hetty. Can you get some milk? We’re out.
Tadeusz. Yeah, milk is a great idea.
End. Doughnut Run