Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Pawel. If a car would hit me, I wonder if I could avoid major injury to myself.
Moune. What brings this on?
Pawel. We cross streets all the time. One of these times, some psycho’s going to mow me and others down.
Moune. You not getting paranoid on me now, are you?
Pawel. I’ve been hit by a car before.
Moune. Were you okay?
Pawel. Yeah, the car wasn’t going full speed though. I went in front of a car going in reverse, then the driver just went into drive and hit me. I stumbled onto her roof.
Moune. This is why you’re preparing yourself for another accident with a car?
Pawel. Maybe. I’m a little disappointed in myself.
Moune. Why?
Pawel. If I could not avoid a car hitting me at say five miles an hour, how am I supposed to avoid a car going forty-five?
Moune. Do you have a pen on you?
Pawel. Why?
Moune. So I can write, “Hello, my name is Pawel. If you try to hit me with your car, I will not be able to avoid you. Have fun.”
Pawel. Here comes a car now.
End. Dodging Cars