Monday, March 03, 2003

Pepper. What are you looking for, Miles?
Miles. My trumpet. I can’t find my trumpet. It has to be here. There’s no other place where it could be. Where’s my trumpet? Where is it? Where did I put it?
Pepper. You getting the shakes again?
Miles. Not yet, but I can feel it coming. I’m on edge. This time it’s going to slice me in half. I need my trumpet. Where is it?
Pepper. Okay. Do you remember when you last played it?
Miles. It was with Trane. I can’t believe it. What is wrong with me? How do I lose my trumpet? It has to be here. I put it down right here.
Pepper. Did you call Trane? Maybe he has it.
Miles. I’ll kill him if he has it. He knows that’s my trumpet. It takes my shakes away. I got them bad. I can feel it. Look at my hands.
Pepper. I’ll give him a call, Miles. You just sit down. Have a drink. Do you have something to drink in here?
Miles. I don’t need no drink. I need my trumpet.
Pepper. I’ll give Trane a call. You just sit tight.
Miles. He better not have my trumpet. I’ll kill him. Where’s my trumpet? Why can’t I see it? It should be somewhere where I can see it. The shakes are coming, Pepper. They’re coming. I need my trumpet to blow my shakes out.
End. To Blow My Shakes Out
onesamsixteentwentythree