Saturday, August 03, 2002

Thomas: Who’s that? Is that you, Ray?
Ray: Who’s saying that?
Thomas: Up here, Ray.
Ray: Who? Is that you Thomas? I didn’t know you lived here.
Thomas: Yeah, been here for years. What time is it? It’s two thirty? What are you doing up now?
Ray: Can’t sleep, can’t sleep. It’s too hot in the building. Fans just pumping hot air like a hair dryer. It’s just no good.
Thomas: I hear ya. It’s a hot one today. Gotta stick my head out to feel the breeze.
Ray: Lots a people out tonight, it’s so hot. Saw Frank out here too.
Thomas: You saw Frank? How is he? Still cooking at the diner?
Ray: You know Frank. He’ll never leave there, making fun of people’s orders, they love it.
Thomas: We’ll he needs his sleep if he’s out now. He’ll be yelling at the customers, he’ll be so tired.
Ray: I know it. I know it. I told him he better get some sleep or else he’ll put ketchup on the pancakes.
Thomas: Good word. Man, it is hot. So tired, but can’t sleep. It’s not right.
Ray: Well come on down. It’s much nicer out here. Heck, I’m even thinking of sleeping out here.
Thomas: Where you gonna sleep at?
Ray: The park’s nice. You got trees and long benches.
Thomas: Kinda like camping.
Ray: Yeah, something like that.