Monday, August 26, 2002

Kurt. Did you just eat two hoagies by yourself?
Bruno. Yes.
Kurt. Is that one for me?
Bruno. Well, I was going to eat it, but you can have it if you want.
Kurt. Are you serious? You were going to eat another one?
Bruno. Yeah, but here. You can have it.
Kurt. I don’t know, what kind is it?
Bruno. It’s an Italian with everything.
Kurt. Eh, I don’t know.
Bruno. What is it?
Kurt. I’m not hungry. You can eat it.
Bruno. Are you sure?
Kurt. Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve lost my appetite. I have to wait till I’m starving. Then I can eat.
Bruno. Really? What you need to learn is how to gorge.
Kurt. Gorge?
Bruno. Yeah, I mean, I don’t really need to eat that third hoagie, but I can. Mind over matter.
Kurt. But doesn’t it make you vomit?
Bruno. At first yeah, but now I can gorge without vomiting.
Kurt. I don’t know. It sounds like you have an eating disorder.
Bruno. Maybe, but I love these hoagies.
Kurt. Yeah, I do too, but I just don’t want to eat them now.
Bruno. You want mac salad instead, or how about a drink?
Kurt. What do you have?
Bruno. I have an extra bottle of lemonade.
Kurt. Can I have the lemonade?
Bruno. Here you go.