Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Answering Machine. Beep.
Marty. Um hi, Alina? Yeah, it’s Marty. It’s what? Five minutes past ten in the morning and I just got off the Greyhound at the Port Authority. I guess there’s not much traffic in New York on Easter Sunday, so I’m a bit early. Oh so, I’m here, but you’re not there. I have your address so I’ll take a cab over and hopefully by then, you’ll be there. If not, then I guess I’ll just keep myself busy watching people pass. I know you discourage me watching people, but I can’t help myself. People’s actions are so interesting. You know, the way they look at the ground to pick up a quarter. Maybe I should plant a nickel in the middle of the sidewalk and see what happens. What kind of person would pick up a nickel? A kid would do that for sure, but who else? How weird would it be to ask the person to give the nickel back to me? But I don’t think I could do that. I’m not that manipulative, am I? I hope not. I guess we’ll find out. Oh, maybe you’re in the shower or yelling at someone out the window, I don’t know. Hum, well let’s see, the weather’s kind of grey. It’ll be a good day to get some soup and visit a museum. Something with paintings would be nice. I could watch more people there; how they observe paintings and their reactions. People are so different and interesting. Remember how I told you how I am jealous of God? You know, God has the ability to get to know everyone in a deep way, while I can only do it with a hand full of people. I mean, I know lots of people, but I just don’t know them say, as well as I know you. I kind of want that. There are so many interesting people, and I want to get to know them. But I guess God has the problem of having lots of people shun Him. I guess it all evens out though; people love Him, people hate Him, or people just don’t care. I don’t think I could handle so many people hating me or ignoring me like people do with God. I guess I could handle people not caring about me, but for someone to hate me ... I don’t know. Oh okay, well, I’m going to get a cab now. I’ll see you soon, Alina. It’s been a long time since I last saw you. All right, bye...