Tuesday, August 06, 2002

One. I love you.
Two. How is that possible?
One. What do you mean? I just do.
Two. Really?
One. Really.
Two. No, really. Think about it. Do you really love me?
One. Yes. Why?
Two. Well, I don’t love you, so it’s impossible for you to love me.
One. Because love should be mutual?
Two. Yes. So, what you’re feeling now is not love.
One. Then what is it?
Two. An infatuation?
One. I don’t know.
Two. But how can you love me when I don’t love you. If anything, you should hate me.
One. I could never hate you.
Two. But you should. I don’t love you, so doesn’t that frustrate you; make you question why I don’t love you till you want to hate me?
One. No, because I love you.
Two. You may think your feelings you have for me is love, but eventually they’ll change.
One. Because you don’t love me?
Two. Right. Okay, do you like any actresses?
One. Um, I like Olivia Williams.
Two. Who’s that?
One. She’s the teacher in Rushmore and the wife in the Sixth Sense. She was also in The Postman, but I didn’t see it.
Two. I don’t think anyone saw it. Okay, so you like Olivia Williams. You think she’s pretty don’t you? And her personality, from what you can tell in her roles seems to be decent, right?
One. Yeah?
Two. So why don’t you love her?
One. Because she’s just an actress. I have no real interaction with her, but I interaction with you, and because of that I am able to love you.
Two. What about other girls that you interact with. Why don’t you fall in love with them? Why am I so special?
One. Because I want to know you deeper, become more intimate with you. I thought we fit. That we understood each other, but apparently, after this conversation, it’s not the case.
Two. No. So, now you do not love me?
One. I can’t just stop loving you, but I understand that you don’t love me, so I won’t go any further. I’ll stop here.
Two. Thank you for understanding.
One. Your welcome.