Thursday, August 15, 2002

One. Hey what’s wrong?
Two. I don’t like it that you can read me like a book.
One. What do you mean?
Two. How did you know that something’s wrong?
One. You have this certain look to you. I know.
Two. I can’t hide anything from you.
One. Why would you want to hide anything from me?
Two. Well, it doesn’t make sense that you can read into my emotions so well.
One. Why not, we’re friends. We’ve known each other for years.
Two. Yeah, I guess.
One. So what’s wrong?
Two. I have no appetite.
One. Really?
Two. Yeah, I think I want to eat something, but I don’t know what I want.
One. That reminds me of a Northern Exposure episode.
Two. What happened in it?
One. It was actually the final episode. Michelle was having problems deciding what to eat, but went deeper than that. She had difficulties deciding anything, where to go, what to do.
Two. Sounds like me.
One. She finally could decide on things after dreaming of a Rabbi parachuting down from a World War 2 airplane. The Rabbi gave her advice that spoke to her.
Two. I wonder where my parachuting Rabbi is.
One. He’s in the sky in his World War 2 airplane, waiting for the red light to turn green.
Two. You and Northern Exposure.
One. I cried at the end of that show.