Thursday, December 05, 2002

Henning. Get down.
Dodd. What is it?
Henning. It’s a metal ugly tree.
Dodd. Are we going to die?
Henning. No. How many arrows do you have?
Dodd. Two.
Henning. Give me one.
Dodd. No, they’re mine. You used all yours on that cloud of obscene.
Henning. Are you going to use both arrows on the metal ugly tree?
Dodd. I don’t know.
Henning. We have to kill it.
Dodd. Why?
Henning. Cause it’ll kill us first.
Dodd. Can I kill it with one arrow?
Henning. No, with two, but it has to be at the same time.
Dodd. But I can’t shoot two arrows at the same time.
Henning. That’s why you have to give me one.
Dodd. So we’ll shoot the metal ugly tree together?
Henning. One arrow has to go in the base of the trunk and the other has to pierce a leaf.
Dodd. Can I hit the base?
Henning. Okay. Here, give me an arrow.
Dodd. Here.
Henning. Ready?
Dodd. Henning?
Henning. Yeah?
Dodd. Will it scream?
Henning. I hope so.
End. Backyard Forest