Saturday, December 21, 2002

Capucine. Will you stop it?
Tobias. What?
Capucine. I know what you’re doing.
Tobias. What are you talking about?
Capucine. Your shadow. You're positioning your shadow so I would be walking over it.
Tobias. I am?
Capucine. I know your self esteem is very low, but to have me walk over your shadow is too much for me to handle.
Tobias. I didn’t realize I was doing it.
Capucine. That’s sad, Tobias. You don’t even realize what you’re doing to yourself. Why are you so self destructive?
Tobias. I don’t know.
Capucine. It’s because you need to be in control of your life, but the only way you can control it is to be self destructive. Don’t you see?
Tobias. Yes, I guess that makes sense.
Capucine. Seriously, you’ve got to stop hating yourself so much.
Tobias. I want to, but how do I do that?
Capucine. It’s something you’ve got to discover for yourself. I can’t really help you.
Tobias. You can’t?
Capucine. If I did, I think I would start hating you.
Tobias. You would?
Capucine. Do you want me to tell you you’re a good person?
Tobias. What’s wrong with that?
Capucine. What’s the point in me telling you that you are good when you don’t believe it yourself?
Capucine. I guess you’re right.
Tobias. Will you stop it?
End. Stepping on Shadows